Event SanctioningBy ADMIN
Planning a Grass Roots wakeboard, wakeskate or wakesurf event for 2014? The WWA is the best place to start for all your sanctioning and planning needs for a successful and fun event. Whether you would like to hold a contest, clinic or demo we can assist you to help your event run smoothly. We provide the tools you need for all your sanctioning, memberships and media announcements.
Contests. Holding a contest in your local area is fun way to introduce competition to your local wake scene. Encourages riders to progress their riding and challenge their ability on the water in a fun non-intimidating atmosphere.
Demos. A great way for shops, boat dealerships and/or cable parks to get their customers out to try new gear before they buy. Helps riders to be on the right equipment for them, which will ultimately allow for riders to have more fun and progress faster.
Clinics. Are typically put on by local boat dealerships for either a customer appreciation day or for lessons by a professional instructor or Pro rider; where some areas may not have access to that levelof instruction. A great way to help progress riding safely and properly. Clinics can be sanctioned in private or public environments, the world is your oyster.
The WWA is passionate for wake sports. Created by riders for riders, the WWA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and progression of wake sports worldwide. We do this by sanctioning and supporting wakeboard events on a global level. Click here to learn more about the WWA.
We’re in it for the long haul. Founded in 1989, the WWA has seen wake sports grow from its infantry to an awesome international sport. There have been ups and downs in our industry’s short history, but one thing has remained the same; the WWA has always been an industry leader in wakeboarding, wakeskating, and wakesurfing.
Is the WWA a good fit for your event? The WWA supports event organizers by providing sanctioning and insurance for all types of wakeboarding, wakeskating, and wakesurfing events. Reap in the benefits of push publications on the front pages of thewwa.com, FB.com/WorldWakeAssociaion (over 6,000 fans), twitter.com/thewwa (over 5,000 followers), and our massive e-newsletter.
The Process is simple. Forms take just minutes to fill out and within a couple of days, you’ll have your certificate of insurance and be ready for a great wake event. Feel free to call or email the WWA with questions or comments, or Click here to read all about sanctioning.
What We Do:
- $2 million dollar event general liability with up to $9 million dollar policies available
- Rules and multiple contest formats to choose from
- Event support and marketing through the WWA office
- $25,000 additional accidental medical coverage for each participant
- Mass e-mail broadcast for event to surrounding areas
- Web site listing of event on www.thewwa.com (averages 10,000 hits per day) and contact information for the event
- Post-event publication on the WWA website and e-mail broadcast
- Distribution of all pre- and post- event information to members
What You Do:
- Fill out Insurance Certificate request form
- E-mail the WWA all event info, including posters, press releases, contact information, logo and more for distribution
- REQUIRED: Sign up all participants to the WWA for Membership, click here to learn about membership
- Boat drivers for event must prove certificate of completion for NASBLA-approved boating safety course
- Send all membership forms with payment to the WWA for processing
To get started, please call (863) 875-6929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.