WWA Cancun Pro presented by Malibu BoatsBy Rob Corum
About the WWA Cancun Pro
Held in Puerto Cancun, October 3-5, 2014, the 2014 WWA Cancun Pro will be the highest caliber professional wakeboard event during the 2014 competition season. Top ranking wakeboarders from all over the globe will ascend on Cancun for a piece of the highest paying prize pool of the year. As the final stop of the 2014 WWA World Series, overall rankings and awards will be presented.
Location of Event:
Cancún, Q. Roo, Mexico
Schedule of events:
Click here for schedule of events.
ME by Melia Cancun
Click here for full accommodation and booking information.
2015 Malibu 23 LSV
Seeding for the Cancun Pro will be determined from the current WWA Wakeboard World Rankings.
Click Here for 2014 WWA Wakeboard World Ranking.
- Pro Women
- Pro Men
- Top 15 on the WWA Wakeboard World Rankings will automatically advance to Quarter Finals.
- Open Qualification will take place on October 3rd (See Schedule). 10 riders will make it to Quarter Finals on October 4th.
- Quarter Finals: 5 heats of 5, top 3 advance.
- Semi Finals: 3 heats of 5, top 2 advance to Finals.
- Pass: 8 tricks. 4 down, 4 back. Qualifying and Quarters: Down and Back 1 Pickup. Semi Finals and Finals: Two run format, Zero Falls.
- Top 8 of the WWA Wakeboard World Ranking will automatically advance to the Semi Finals.
- Qualification will take place on October 3rd. 4 riders will advance to Semi Finals.
- Semi Finals for 2 heats of 6, top 3 advance to a 6 Woman Final.
- Pass: 8 tricks. 4 down, 4 back. Qualifying: Down and Back 1 Pickup. Semi Finals and Finals: Two run format, Zero Falls.
Pre-qualified riders will be determined August 25, 2014. The WWA Wakeboard World Ranking (Not World Series Rankings) will be used to determine the top 15 pro men’s and top 8 pro women’s riders pre-qualified to the Cancun Pro.
For more information regarding Pro-Qualified riders – Click Here
WWA Wakeboard World Ranking - Click Here
Prize Money Breakdown:
$40,000 USD total
Click here for other awesome stuff todo while in Cancun!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.