Created by riders for riders, the WWA is a rider formed organization dedicated to promoting and growing wake sports worldwide. It is the leading source for riders, event organizers and competitive standards.
The WWA supports event organizers by providing santioning and insurance for all types of wakeboarding, wakeskating and wakesurfing events. These are broken down into contests, demos, and clinics.
Why sanctioning your event through the WWA makes sense:
- $2 million dollar event general liability insurance.
- Rules and multiple event formats to choose from.
- Event support through the WWA office.
- Mass e-mail broadcast to our database for events in surrounding areas.
- $25k additional medical insurance for the riders.
- Website listing of event and contact information for events.
- Pre- and post-event publication on the WWA website.
How to get your event sanctioned by the WWA:
- Fill out a certificate request form and contract.
- E-mail the WWA an event flyer for distribution.
- Boat drivers must submit proof of completion of a NASBLA-approved boating safety course.
- Sign up all participants to the WWA for Membership.*
- Supply the WWA with all contact information for the website.
- After the event write a short summary fo how the event was and submit all information to the WWA.
- Send all membership forms with payment to the WWA for processing.
*Membership for riders is only required at Contests. Demo and Clinic riders must simply sign a release of liability.
For any questions, and to begin the process of getting your event sanctioned please contact the WWA at: EventOrganizer@thewwa.com or call (863) 875-6929 .
You must be logged in to post a comment.