- This event has passed.
Thigh High Surf & Wake Series Stop #1
April 24, 2021 - April 25, 2021
Central Florida’s popular grassroots wakesurf and wakeboard series are back. The Thigh High Surf Series is combining with Performance Ski & Surf’s Gravel Tour to bring Central Florida a weekend of grassroots wake sports contests.
Now named the Thigh High Surf + Wake Series, wakesurf and wakeboard divisions compete together across the new two-day format for each stop.
Danny Harf’s Thigh High Surf + Wake Series, presented by Nautiques of Orlando and Performance Ski & Surf, is committed to growing and sustaining the Central Florida wake community. Providing an action-packed weekend of fun for the entire family, the goal of the Thigh High Surf + Wake Series is to identify local novice and established surfers & wakeboarders in the region while giving them a platform to demonstrate their skills and build confidence in competitions.
QUICK LOOK AT THE 2021 SERIES
– Stop 1: April 24-25 at the Orlando Watersports Complex (OWC), located at 8615 Florida Rock Road in Orlando – Check out pop-up vendor shops, an immersive on-site Performance Ski & Surf store, food trucks, activities, Duncan Yo-Yo demonstrators, live music and cable riding at OWC.
– Stop 2: June 5-6 at OWC – Returning to OWC with a whole new batch of activities, live music and food, along with a roped off Thigh High Swim Area filled with Radar inflatables and the chance to earn a Wake Responsibly badge from the Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA).
– Stop 3 (Series Final): Aug. 7-8 at Lake Ronix in Christmas, Florida — Ronix opens the doors to its elusive property to let Thigh High Surf + Wake competitors take the water on one of the site’s private lakes. Families can enjoy the lake’s white sandy beaches, an obstacle course set-up from Union Aquaparks, live music and activities to match the tropical vibe.
ATHLETE REGISTRATION AND DIVISIONS
The grassroots contest series caters to riders of all ages & wake abilities, seeking everyone from first-time, novice competitors to local lake legends with a variety of divisions available:
– Wakesurf Divisions: Novice (9 and under), Novice (10 years and older), Intermediate (all ages), Advanced (all ages), Open Men (all ages), Open Women (all ages), Men Legends (ages 35+), Women Legends (ages 35+), Tandem and Foil.
– Wakeboard Divisions: Grom Girls (9 and under), Grom Boys (9 and under), Girls (ages 10-13, all skill levels), Boys (ages 10-13, all skill levels), Novice (10 years and older), Intermediate (all ages), Advanced (all ages), Open (all ages), Women Legends (ages 35+, all skill levels) and Men Legends (ages 35+, all skill levels).
View descriptions of the divisions and register at thighhighwake.com.
If a competitor needs help determining the best division for their skill level, contact the Thigh High Surf + Wake team at email@example.com.