WWA SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
Due to a recent rise in cases, The WWA is implementing additional measures & social distancing guidelines effective at all WWA produced events in an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Events are only possible if we all maintain the federal, CDC, state and local guidelines. We appreciate everyone doing their part so our events are able to operate and do not get shut down.
The WWA will adhere to and operate in compliance with all public health authorities and local and state government guidelines regarding social distancing pertinent to the location of the event being held. In adhering to compliant efforts onsite, event crowd numbers will not exceed the guidelines currently set forth. The WWA will provide masks to all event participants and advise that any event bystanders are wearing masks when electing to be in the vicinity of the event grounds and will be strictly advised to not congregate in large groups.
High-risk individuals, including older adults and people with pre-existing medical conditions that appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus are recommended to avoid events involving groups at this time and/or to take all recommended precautions to protect themselves.
- All WWA staff will be required to wear face-masks when interacting with riders or general public.
- The starting dock areas will be limited to the dock starter and ONE heat at a time in order to avoid unnecessary congregations of people. There will also be ‘staging’ areas outside of the dock that only the upcoming heat will be allowed in. Riders 9 & under may have one parent with a face covering accompany them on a dock. Participants should be aware of signage stating the number of individuals allowed in areas. Riders who do not follow the dock area protocols will be subject to disqualification.
- Participants will NOT be able to store their equipment in the start dock area and are advised to keep equipment with them or in their locked vehicle at all times.
- Only event staff will be allowed in the judges or announcer areas during the event.
- All WWA staff will monitor and enforce social distancing policies throughout the duration of the event.
- All event surfaces and high-touch areas will be wiped down and disinfected daily.
- In order to avoid extended face-to-face interaction between event participants and staff, participants must complete all necessary event and registration paperwork prior to arriving to the event site and attempting to check-in at the registration area.
- All event participants are advised to avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands.
- All event participants will be advised to not congregate in large groups of people to socialize while at the event site.