The World Wake Association and Nautique Boats Company are proud to announce the introduction of the first virtual Nautique Masters Wakeboard LCQ. This exciting new format is FREE for everyone to enter and gives riders the chance to qualify for the most prestigious invitational event of the year from the comfort of your home lake in a pressure-free environment.
Riders from around the world can compete in a Last Chance Qualifier for the esteemed opportunity to earn an invitation to the 61stNautique Masters® Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament® presented by GM Marine Engine Technology™, which will be hosted at Callaway Gardens, in Pine Mountain, GA on August 28-30th.
Riders will simply record and upload their 4 trick pass to Instagram and confirm their entry in the all-new WWA Rideline app – it’s that easy! This digital event will allows riders from around the world to compete for remaining spots each in the following divisions: Pro Men, Pro Women, Jr. Men, and Jr. Women.
“We’re really excited to launch this new virtual LCQ format,” comments WWA President Shannon Starling. “It gives riders from all around the world the opportunity to qualify for the Nautique Masters during a time of travel restrictions and uncertainty. Our newly redesigned WWA Rideline app makes hosting a virtual event like this a reality and a place for the world of wake to interact.”
The Nautique Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament® is regarded as the pinnacle of achievement for watersports athletes worldwide. Each year, the legendary waters of Robin Lake play host to some of our sports defining moments, combining the energy of the crowd and the massive wake behind the Super Air Nautique G23 to push the world’s best riders to their peak performances. Riders who qualify through the Masters Wakeboard LCQ will earn their place to take part in a rich tradition and the chance for their name to go down in history alongside the legends.
HOW IT WORKS
- Participants will record an unedited 4 trick, 25-30 second pass and upload the video to your Instagram account (tag: @TheWWA and #MastersWakeLCQ) by June 22nd, 2020.
- The winners will be announced on June 26th , 2020.
- Participants may only submit one video, so perfect your contest pass before uploading!
- The videos will be judged according to WWA rules by a WWA World Series judging panel.
- The top riders in each division will receive an invite to compete at the recently rescheduled Nautique Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament on August 28-30th.
- All Masters LCQ participants will be awarded points to the WWA Wakeboard World Series and/or the Nautique Wake Series overall points race.
CONTEST VIDEO GUIDELINES
- Junior Men’s and Junior Women’s divisions are open to riders with a current WWA Annual membership under the age of 18. (All ages are as of January 1st 2020)
- Pro Men’s and Pro Women’s riders must hold a current WWA Pro Membership.
- Your video must show one unedited, 4 trick line in 25-30 seconds shot from the towboat.
- Please refrain from having music in your video.
- The rider must remain in the frame throughout the duration of the video.
- Videos must be shot in a horizontal orientation.
- There are no minimum video resolution restrictions, but all tricks, including grabs, must be seen clearly in order to be judged properly.
- You will not be judged on the quality of your video production, but on your tricks according to the current WWA judging criteria, which can be found HERE
HOW TO ENTER
- Download the WWA Rideline App (available FREE on iOS, Android and Google devices) and create an account.
- Register for the event under the events tab. There is no entry fee or rider cap for the Masters LCQ.
- Record your unedited 4 trick, 25-30 second competition pass. You have until June 22nd, 2020 to complete your video so take as many attempts as you need to perfect your pass.
- Upload your video to your Instagram feed and tag @TheWWA and #MastersWakeLCQ
Assumption of Risk:
All participants hereby agree that they are ASSUMING THE RISK and that WWA has no responsibility for any injury in consequence of training for or developing their passes.
Available Wakeboard spots for entry into the 61st Nautique Masters:
Pro Men – 3 spots
Pro Women – 2 spots
Jr. Men – 3 spots
Jr. Women – 3 spots
*Qualifier spots are subject to change based upon pre-qualified riders accepting their invites. Other LCQ spots may become available.